Shrink Sleeve Technology Workshop
Tuesday 8 December
Meeting Room D, Hall 1
Learn about shrink sleeve technology, markets and applications from the experts. Gain a clear understanding of the design and origination requirements; find out about suitable shrinkable films; review the different printing processes and how to select them; gain an appreciation of the latest converting technologies and specialized applications; find out about sleeve performance and quality, including troubleshooting and fault finding.
This 2 hour workshop will be presented by a representative of the Label Academy, along with other leading experts from the field of shrink sleeve materials and technology. It is in association with the Label Academy, the global training program for the label and package printing industry.
For everyone's benefit, seating is strictly limited. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
The price (599 RMB Inc VAT) includes the master class and refreshments.
TUE 08 DECEMBER
09:30 - 09:55Introduction to the Label Academy and shrink sleeve technology
- What is sleeving and why is it used?
- Major application markets, market size and growing trends
09:55 - 10:203D Design and origination for sleeve labels
- variant design of labels
- variant design of shrink sleeve film
- 3D display of sleeve label design
10:20 - 10:45Substrates and their usage
- Exploring shrinkable film types and their characteristics
- Understanding usage considerations
- Performance requirements and special feature films
10:45 - 11:05Printing ink technologies for sleeves
- Considering the different printing processes: UV and WB flexo, gravure and digital
- Process selection for proper inks
- Special feature ink options